Structural Engineer Position Description:
Reports to the Engineering Manager. Generates and distributes the discipline engineering information needed to construct a project. In the performance of these functions, the Engineer is responsible for the protection and promotion of the interests of Mueller in all matters. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Discipline Engineering analysis and design of specialized products.
- Experience with FEA or other structural analysis software (e.g. Compress) is preferred.
- Interact with other Mueller departments for technical support and guidance.
- Review sales orders, specifications, and cost estimates to assure design output fulfills requirements.
- Review all drawings and specifications and ensure they properly relate to the estimate.
- Obtain information and approvals required for the timely processing of design documents.
- Prepare design calculations and perform/direct the preparation of drawings and design documents.
- Knowledge of relevant standards as required for design.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks with little supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Establish and maintain document control procedures.
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required.
A four-year college degree in engineering, engineering technology or similar is required and at least four years of engineering experience is preferred. Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures; a broad understanding of a wide spectrum of materials, their characteristics and their tolerances and limitations. A basic understanding of contract and subcontract documents, accounting and cost control procedures. Good English oral and written communication skills required. Shows initiative to perform duties beyond assignment-specific duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills and familiarity with Autodesk and Microsoft Office suite of programs.
E-mail resume to:
Mail resume to:
PAUL MUELLER COMPANY
1600 W. Phelps Street Street
Springfield, MO 65802
Mueller is an equal opportunity employer.